The Karen Sadeghian Memorial Scholarship will be awarded by the New Mexico Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics at the Karen Sadeghian Memorial (KSM) Lecture at UNM Hospital in Albuquerque on Wednesday, November 30, 2016. Additional details related to the KSM Lecture will be forthcoming, but the time is tentatively set for 6:30pm - 8:00pm and will feature renowned pediatrician and child advocate Dr. Lance Chilton as our guest lecturer. Please save the date!
The following information is included in the instructions, but please note the due date of 11/18/16.
The requirements for eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a nutrition / dietetics graduate program and/or dietetic internship at a university in New Mexico.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Member / Student Member of the New Mexico Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (NMAND)
- Members of the NMAND Board of Directors, or their relatives, are not eligible for the scholarship.
The following must be included in your application packet:
- Karen Sadeghian Scholarship application form and personal statement
- An unofficial transcript that includes graduate coursework
- Scanned copy of your current AND membership card
- Current resume including work and volunteer experience
The application packet must be emailed to NMDAPICElect@gmail.com by 5:00 pm MST on November 18, 2016.
The scholarship winner will be notified by email by November 23, 2016.
The scholarship recipient will be awarded at the Karen Sadeghian Memorial Lecture on November 30th, 2016 at the Barbara and Bill Richardson Pavilion at UNM Hospital in Albuquerque.
Please direct any questions to: Kristina N. Velasquez at NMDAPICElect@gmail.com.